TV PREVIEW & PHOTOS: David Tennant Guests On The Jonathan Ross Show



Tomorrow night viewers will see David Tennant make a guest appearance on ITV's leading chat show, The Jonathan Ross Show.

David, who recorded the interview on Monday, will be seen chatting all about his days in Doctor Who, his new Netflix series Jessica Jones and his family life.

Talking about his time on Doctor Who he tells Jonathan:
 “It was a lovely time and a time that I think of very fondly. But you know, you have your time and you move on, but it will always be with me… It never goes away. The first line of the obituary, I suspect, has been written. But that’s fine, I’m very proud of it.”

Though the show is obviously very much still a part of his day to day life as he then admits that his children are fans of the show:
 “My eldest Ty grew up with it but the younger two have just got into it. And I did not force this upon them! My wife and I met on Doctor Who and they saw a picture, they got wind of that. So they wanted to see it and they watched the episode we met on, and then they developed this passion for it. So it’s now on in our house all the time, which is embarrassing when people come round because it looks like there’s a moving shrine to myself in the corner of the living room at all times.
But then the other day, Olive (his eldest daughter)watched my last one, and I thought ‘this is fine’, I wasn’t really thinking about it. It gets quite sad toward the end, and she was rapt so I wasn’t really paying any attention to the way she was reacting to it. And then she got really upset, really upset! You know, quite moved! Part of me was thinking, ‘Aw [she] doesn’t want to see her daddy moving on.’ Four hours later she was still crying, at which point it felt like bad parenting, I have to be honest… Now of course yesterday she found Matt Smith and he’s her favourite. They’re fickle.”

David also took the opportunity to make the announcement to the nation that he and his wife Georgia Moffett had added to the family with another daughter:
“We’ve just had another one! We’re quite pleased. We managed to keep that under the radar, which is how we like to do it on the whole.”

Jonathan then asked if baby number four had completed the Tennant / Moffett household:
 “I think, probably? We’ll see… I think we’re a very happy family.”

Other guests on the show include footballer Christiano Ronaldo and super model Agyness Deyn

The Jonathan Ross Show ITV 9.45pm Saturday 14 November






Comments